As mentioned by both Leigh Durst and Linda Tischler, scent is becoming more and more the most popular and innovative key attribute among brands.
‘Scent Branding is a discipline of sensory or experiential marketing. It has been promoted by Gerald Zaltman and many others including the Scent Marketing Institute and has become a 14 billion dollar global market for retailers and marketers looking to enhance brand experience.
Some may think “scent marketing” Continue reading
Posted in Accessory, brand, Gadget, knowledge, marketing, oils, safety, scent, Scent Sciences, science, technology
- Tagged Brand, Business, Forbes, Gerald Zaltman, Leigh Durst, Odor, USA Today, Washington Times, Yankee Candle, Yankee Candle Company
Happy New Year everyone! We all hope you had nice holidays and celebrations, now it’s time to go back to work for a new and exciting year! Especially here at Scent Sciences…things are getting VERY exciting (and fast-paced!). Looks like the next few weeks are going to be…THE RIGHT ONES! Stay tuned;)
On that note, there is one particular event that here at Scent Sciences we are looking forward to: the ScentWorld expo. Taking place in Downtown New York City from February 6th, 2013 through February 8th, 2013 the ScentWorld expo will be Continue reading
Posted in entertainment, event, Scent Marketing Institute, Scent Sciences, technology, USA
- Tagged Bill Wiles, Business, Chris Bowers, Market, Marketing and Advertising, Odor, Scent Sciences, ScentWorld
Recently, I’ve seen many commercials on Mercedes vehicles and notice that they are promoting a new featured called “Assist Attention,” which helps the vehicle determine when the driver is falling sleep on the road. A long car ride can fatigue the driver, making them more prone to accidents. The new Assist Attention system in Mercedes cars calculates many factors while driving to find out if the driver is Continue reading
Posted in safety, Scent Sciences, UK, wellbeing
- Tagged Business, Cruise control, Driving, Mercedes, Mercedes-Benz, Odor, Steering, Steering wheel, Vehicle
As Scent Sciences continues to grow I thought I would share on the blog why we are all very excited about where we and the scent world are going. If you are a long-time follower of Scent Sciences you will have watched us grow from a scent emitting device company to one with a unique disruptive technology platform incorporating an industry standard API, software suite, scent delivery devices and proprietary scent technologies. So, why is this exciting? We now have Continue reading
Posted in aromatherapy, entertainment, marketing, meditation, News, rehabilitation, scent, Scent Sciences, science, Silicon Valley, technology, UK, USA, wellbeing
- Tagged Aphrodisiacs, Application programming interface, Bill Wiles, Business, Health, Odor, Perfume, Reproduction and Sexuality, Shopping, Technology, Video game
I was browsing news articles about “scent technology” and I came across one about Japanese researchers who won the lg Nobel prize last year for inventing a smoke alarm that sprays a wasabi scent. This is supposed to alert people who have a hearing disability that there is danger. Continue reading
Posted in scent, technology
- Tagged BBC, Business, Country Fire Authority, Family (House), Health, Margate, Melbourne, Metropolitan Fire Brigade, Ripponlea Victoria, Rowville Victoria, Smoke detector, Time in Australia, Wasabi
“Today’s consumers are constantly being assaulted with marketing messages everywhere they turn, to the point where few register at all, and fewer are remembered for more than a moment.
How can forward-thinking marketers break through the clutter? Sensory marketing is the answer.” Continue reading
Posted in marketing, scent, technology
- Tagged Art, backed potato, brain, Business, Candle, Consulting, daily maily, food, happy, hello, Marketing, Marketing and Advertising, memories, memory, Odor, Olfaction, picture, pizza, poll, research, scent marketing, UK, video, Wine tasting descriptors
Hello and welcome to Scent Sciences’ first blog post!
As you may know, our innovative business is based on scent-enabling digital platforms and our sectors of expertise are gaming, meditation and home entertainment. We are proud to say that we approaching the launch of our product, so many exciting news will come soon.
For this blog, we plan to focus on topics that will relate to technology, scent marketing, exciting innovations and news about Scent Sciences. If you want to find out more about us, you can check out our website at http://www.scentsciences.com
Please feel free to comment on each posting, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Scent Sciences’ team