The results are in from our last poll! For those of you that didn’t get a chance to take our poll, the question was, “What scent reminds you of autumn?” The scent with the most votes was wet leaves, with 54% of the votes. I will also have to agree that the smell of wet leaves reminds me that fall has officially started and that winter is just around the corner. I can remember all the times I had to get up early and make the two mile trek to school, every time I took my first step out the door; I could smell the crisp scent of wet leaves in the air. The smell of wet leaves is quite a pleasant smell.
Currently there Continue reading
Posted in Fun facts, knowledge, nature, scent
- Tagged Apple cider, Apples, Aroma compound, Bath & Body Works, Home, Odor, Recreation, Shopping, Wine tasting descriptors
There are many scents out in the world that can grab our attention with just one whiff. The scent of coffee in the morning will get me out of bed within an instant. While I’m walking to school and smell the bakery on the way, it makes my mouth watery and my stomach angry, so what do I do? Of course I go in the bakery and grab something to satisfy my hunger. But what if we could smell danger? What if we were able to smell danger and avoid it before it can happen to us?
A study done by neuroscientist at the Biomedical Sciences Institutes, shows that fish can Continue reading
Posted in knowledge, nature, scent, university, wellbeing
- Tagged danger, Fish, Health, Odor, Olfaction, Recreation, Sense, Smell and Taste, Taste
Hello everyone! My name is Tin Dao and I will be a new blogger for Scent Sciences. So look for future blogs by me!
I know that many of you love eating chocolate. I know that for a fact I splurge on chocolate a little too much…but
Posted in aromatherapy, entertainment, meditation, nature, scent
- Tagged Chocolate, Chocolate bar, Confectionery, Connecticut, Cooking, Daily Record, food, Home, Recreation, Shopping, Types of chocolate, West Village
Three pine species, MN (Photo credit: esagor)
Hello Scent Sciences followers, it has been a long time since I have written. Thanks to my great teammate, Carlotta, I was able to take some much needed time away from blogging to focus on the beginning of the school year. During the day I am in the classroom with 24 fantastic 4th graders but this makes for long days. This past Friday I almost feel asleep at the dinner table! Needless to say, I needed some relaxation tips this weekend. I thought this would be a great time to share the results of our most recent poll.
Posted in aromatherapy, meditation, scent
- Tagged aromatherapy, Candle, Carlotta, Flower, Friday, Heather Stone, Hunting, Lures and Scents, Odor, Outdoors, Pine, Recreation, Relax, Shopping, Technology
On Friday, August 24 Scent Sciences Corp. welcomed more than 100 people in the new office based in Santa Clara. The gathering involved mainly investors and partners, but many friends of Scent Sciences took part to the celebration, too. The event was aimed to show all the progress Scent Sciences has made so far, and thanks to the cooperation of many people we had great food, Continue reading
Posted in event, scent, Silicon Valley, technology, USA
- Tagged Barbecue, Bill, Bill Wiles, Carlotta Zorzi, event, Flickr, Odor, Recreation, Santa Clara, scent, Scent Sciences, Silicon Valley, startup, United States, wine