As January draws to a close, we are rapidly approaching ScentWorld 2013, the premier scent and sensory marketing event in the world. The conference is taking place February 6-8th at the Marriott Downtown New York City and it is already exceeding last year, in number of attendees, number of exhibitors and sponsorships.
The growing awareness of the benefits of scent and sensory marketing combined with the reality that companies are facing economic pressure to find cost effective strategies to increase sales have resulted in a tremendous interest in ScentWorld.
We have had to expand our plans to accommodate everyone who wants to participate, so we do still have space available. With a variety of ways to experience ScentWorld, we have options for those constrained by time or budget considerations.
- Full 3-day event – This is for serious marketers and anyone who wants it all! It includes an elegant welcome reception, two full days of fascinating presentations from top thought leaders in the field, Continental breakfast both days, full access to our exhibit area with leading solution providers, a chic gala cocktail party with scent personality Chandler Burr, awards dinner and two special roundtable sessions. Best value – $1299 for all three days including all events [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
- Day pass – We have a limited number of day passes, where you can attend a full day of presentations and exhibits either Thursday, February 7th or Friday, February 8th. The day pass for Thursday does not include the gala cocktail party or gala. Only $549 [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
- Welcome reception – Mingle with local movers and shakers, meet and reconnect with colleagues from all over the world at the welcome reception. Priceless networking opportunities for only $75 [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
- Gala cocktail party and awards banquet – The evening starts off with cocktails and hors d’oevres and a keynote address from Chandler Burr, seasoned fragrance expert, author and curator of olfactory art for the Museum of Arts and Design. We will enjoy a delicious 3-course dinner with wine. Then, the moment we’ve all been waiting for: the SMItty awards for excellence in scent and sensory marketing for 2012. A wonderful chance to learn, network and enjoy for $185 [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
- Roundtable session: “The Creation of Scent Advertising and Messaging: An Insiders’ View From the Creators” – Join Jon Bond, CEO at Big Fuel Communications and co-founder of groundbreaking agency Kirshenbaum Bond and Partners and Ameena Meer, Creative Director and creator of the concepts and stories behind some of the world’s most famous scents as they show you how they created the marketing campaigns that through visual imagery and sound, captured the essence of top selling perfumes and propelled them to bestsellers. You can attend this roundtable for $40. [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
- Roundtable session: “Smelling, Feeling, Wanting, Learning: A Scent Lovers’ Workshop – If you are a perfume aficionado, you need to be here! Karen Dubin, Founder and director, Sniffapalooza, Candice Sabatini, Editor in Chief & Publisher of Beauty News NYC, Sue Phillips, Founder and President, Scenterprises and Mark Behnke, Managing Editor of Ca Fleur Bon will discuss what’s hot and what’s not, and you will have a chance to experience a variety of different fragrances. You can attend this roundtable for $40 [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
- Attend both roundtable sessions for $75 [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
If you are interested or involved in scent or sensory marketing, it is not too late to take advantage of the once a year opportunity to network, learn, generate leads and connect with customers at ScentWorld. Register today while space is still available! [www.scentmarketing.org/events/attend.aspx]
Don’t forget to also make your hotel reservations at the beautiful 4 star Marriott Downtown NYC before January 31st when our special group rate of $199 per night will no longer be available! Reserve online at https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9730873 or by calling 877-513-6305. If calling, be sure to mention ScentWorld so you can get the discounted rate. See you in New York!
Written by: Jennifer Dublino